Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Year Resolutions

Get more exercise. Lose weight. That's what the vet told the Tabby yesterday. So he is now on the 'Catkins diet' (high protein, low carb.)

"You do know that Atkins died young, don't you?" says Schroedinger to the vet. But the vet lectured us about the danger of diabetes and so we agreed to try the neutered male, stay-at-home variety of the expensive cat biscuit.

Meanwhile the Tabby was exploring the consult room, found a box of doggy treats, fished one out and ate it.


Of course he has put on weight over the holiday period. He ate the Xmas tree.

4 comments:

Penelope said...

I think a bed of nails might be more apt by day. Would you ever move from a bed like that one? Not me.

Belle said...

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as Tabby but luckily I fix my own food so I don't have to follow orders. Tabby is a cutie.

The Paradoxical Cat said...

The next day and he has made it clear he does not like the low carb cat biscuits. He brought home a dead mouse and laid it on the doorstep, looked up at me and then tapped the corpse with his paw. "You obviously need help with the groceries" he seemed to say.

Isabel Doyle said...

Prevention is better than cure they say ... we have been prescribed the 'dental' catfood, and to a cat, they all hate it. Still, better than our poor compound friends who have been eating poison.

Perhaps the mouse hunting was Tabby's way of saying his is taking exercise?

Best wishes Isabel and the survivors