Monday, June 20, 2011

Super 8


This film seems to polarise reviewers, but I enjoyed Super 8 very much. But then I wasn't expecting Tarkovsky. It was a retro romp, a homage to the great Spielberg kid's movie, and also an affectionate tribute to all those children who have grown up wanting to be actors and film makers. Lots of movie references not just to Spielberg, every trick and set piece in the book, and being a little kid at heart I loved it. I was convalescing from surgery when I went to see it (yes, thanks it all went well and I'm fine now) and it was "just what the doctor ordered". Even not too scary although it kept trying to be. Sometimes you just want to have fun. The train wreck was fabulous.

2 comments:

Vanda Symon said...

I am dying to see this movie, but not sure if the 9 year-old and the eleven year-old would cope with it!

Glad to hear you are recovering well.

Louie says hi (-;

The Paradoxical Cat said...

Definitely some tense moments - scary but not terrifying - but Schroedinger says even a 9 year old will be able to see through the plot... and as it's Hollywood, well you can expect it will work out more or less Ok in the end...
The TV news probably holds more horror these days.