Friday, April 9, 2010

Thrilling


Blood Men is a thriller. And with splatters of delicious dark humour. A terrific read. I loved it. I'm new to this genre: I only started reading crime fiction books recently, because they are now being written so well by Kiwis and so I was curious to compare them with the literary fiction I generally prefer.

But I am not going to write an essay here about the difference between apples and oranges; only report that since being blown away by his powerful debut work The Cleaner, I buy each new Paul Cleave with great enthusiasm. I wait impatiently until I have a weekend off and start reading it and don't stop until I finish. And this one did not disappoint. It's a damn good read.

There's an interview with the author, New Zealand crime writer Paul Cleave on the blog Crime Watch.

Blood Men is published by Random House NZ in their Black Swan imprint.

No comments: