Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday's Poem

I hereby promise to (try to) post a poem every Tuesday from now on, because I want to be part of a very cool movement initiated by audacious blogger Mary McCallum (click on the link for info about the growing number of Tuesday's Poets).

All of a sudden a network of poems. Tuesday's Poem. I don't think I can trot out something suitable from the box under the Tabby's bed every week, because the muse of poetry doesn't visit Tabbyville all that often. (Or isn't heeded, anyway.) In a way for me blogging is a lot like poetry, and I guess I should think about whether that is a bad or a good thing.

Do you think Emily Dickinson would have blogged?

I'm hoping it will be acceptable to the blog-a-rama if my contribution to the Tuesday Poem comes mostly from my store of favourites of other people's poems (that are of course either out of copyright or have the permission of their author to quote).

But here's one of my own poems:

THE INDESTRUCTIBLE PLASTIC BUCKET SALESMAN

The indestructible
plastic bucket
salesman
sold
indestructible
plastic
buckets.
Here
let me demonstrate
he said
smashing the
bucket
into
a
dozen
pieces.

4 comments:

Mary McCallum said...

Thanks PC for your poem and for your commitment to put one up every Tuesday for all eternity! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. I love the repeat of indestructible in this poem - a word that looks like its meaning (actually it looks like a frigate)- and the way the other words are simple ones to let the frigate sail through. I laughed in the first reading and felt sorry for the salesman in the second...

Fifi Colston said...

sitting here
laughing
Thankyou

LentenStuffe said...

Maybe he used a destructible plastic hammer. I can sell you one.

Indestructible poem.

The Paradoxical Cat said...

Thanks :-)