Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bookshelf Clashes


Browsing through my bookshelves the other day, I discovered that in the course of the most recent move, two incompatible books had ended up next to each other: WARBIRDS OVER WANAKA 2006 had snuggled up to FIELD PUNISHMENT # 1: ARCHIBALD BAXTER, MARK BRIGGS & NEW ZEALAND'S ANTI-MILITARIST TRADITION by David Grant.

What can I say? I'm a pacifist, but I love warplanes. I have only been to the Wanaka airshow once (2006) but at some point this weekend I will drag out the DVD and relive the euphoria of that magnificent experience.

2 comments:

Vanda Symon said...

We were there on Saturday. Ahhhhh, av-gas heaven...

The Paradoxical Cat said...

Waaah! Lucky you! I would love to have seen the Hornets... and, well, everything. On Monday the odd one or two pretty planes flew by our bay on their way home, that was a thrill in itself :-)