Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day

It's Groundhog Day in the USA. I don't even know what a groundhog is, we don't have them here: the nearest thing we have is probably the Tabby. She would probably know whether winter will be over soon or not, but would she tell? I doubt it.

So in my world where it is summer at last anyway, and there are no groundhogs, the term "Groundhog Day" can only refer, thanks to the charming and paradoxical movie of the same name, a favourite of mine for a rainy not-feeling-well day, to that other cliche, "Deja Vu All Over Again" - or, the classic case of the blahs. Have we been here before? Yes, once too often and frankly I'm sick and tired of it.

So what we have here is definitely a case of the blahs. Slightly more than jaded, and approaching grumpy. Not without justification.

I have all sorts of Political gripes - from local to global and in between - but today it's Personal.

My illness is ongoing, unpleasant, requiring further investigation, and apparently, according to the latest news, of autoimmune origin. In otherwords it's Mutiny. Deja Vu all over again. Which organ would my own antibodies care to attack next? Who knows. Wait and see. And stay on the pap diet meanwhile just in case.

Now where did I put that DVD? Time for some escapism...

2 comments:

Mary McCallum said...

Bugger. I'm sorry you're still not better PC. Will you be in Wellington for the Writers and Readers week? Let's catch up for a coffee...

The Paradoxical Cat said...

Looks like I'll miss the festival this time Mary - bugger indeed! The bloke will be there though - look out for him :-)