Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moving

Within a few days I am going to live moments away from this beach.

My new home is perched on the edge of an estuary and has the most exquisite view. Almost the only thing between me and the water is a railway line. I couldn't be happier than at the prospect of a train going by now and then right below the generous veranda overlooking the expanse of beautiful bay with its flocks of seabirds.

I have already noticed that there is a resident kingfisher on the power line out front and a tui in the bushes by the back door.

8 comments:

bluemoon said...

Looks fun-tastic!
So - I take it your 'new home' is a tent then. Cos y'know, you didn't actually say ... ;)

* hopes like hell PC's new home isn't a tent *

artandmylife said...

It looks idyllic! Happy moving

The Paradoxical Cat said...

My new home is a view with a house tacked onto the edge of it. The house isn't really that important, it was the view that I was looking for.

If it was warm enough here to live in a tent, that would be just fine.

I quite envy snails, and shellfish, and daleks, who all carry their homes around with them...

:-)

Mary McCallum said...

it looks lovely - may you be very happy there

sas said...

gorgeous!

Vanda Symon said...

What bliss... except for the whole moving process, but once that is behind you, lovely!

My v-word was guesses!

Claire Beynon said...

Ah, PC - there you are; this explains things! What a beautiful spot - I love the way you describe your new home as 'a view with a house tacked onto the edge of it... ' Sounds like a nest to me... close to the elements, expansive and in process! Happy moving and settling in. L, C

bluemoon said...

Yes, I know what you mean - a dalek barnacle would be darned useful!
Unfortunately, despite appearances, I too am still at the squishy dalek larval stage!

Still, as Baldrick would say, I have a cunning plan:
I thought I might import a genuine Dutch windmill, and then paint it up to look like a dalek ...

... yep, I'm sure that'll work as a stopgap of sorts ;)