Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Poetry and Prose of Milton



Milton, South Otago, New Zealand, that is. Where they tell it like it is.

We passed through Milton on the way back from Gore. Which was terrific, by the way.


The Butchers Museum at Milton was not open. I was disappointed because I'm pretty sure my Uncle who lived in Milton used to be a butcher.

Another feature of Milton these days is the new prison, referred to as the "Milton Hilton". Here's the turnoff.


Milton is in the Clutha District which is a long way away from the ratrace.

2 comments:

Vanda Symon said...

I love the rat race sign! And I'd noticed the obsession with meat when passing through the town, and the strange kink in the main road.

We went to Naseby which has a sign saying "Welcome to Naseby, 2000ft above worry level."

artandmylife said...

Great to meet you in Gore! I hadn't spotted the Milton Hilton on the way down but coming back in the dark it looked very "alien landing" with all the security lights and took me a bit to figure out what it was