Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ouch!


Freak Christmas cracker accident!

The first cracker in the box made a very loud bang, but the second cracker didn't make any sort of sound. So I started to pull the wrapping apart to investigate. It seems that by the time the charge detonated, my thumb was touching the exposed "tiny" bit of explosive.

It bloody well hurt. Fortunately I had some ice handy.

Cheap imported crap, and thanks to paranoid "anti-nanny" right wing hysteria against any kind of consumer protections, doubtless more and more of these kinds of potentially dangerous items, along with the toxic junk, will find their way to NZ.

Be careful out there folks!

1 comment:

terence said...

Ouch indeed but, perils aside, happy holiday wishes :)